Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Real Blessing!


What a wonderful opportunity we had this past week to spend some time with my Uncle Bill Blessing in Tennessee. For the last 10 years (give or take) he has been a missionary with Forgotten Millions Ministries. He travels almost daily to various nursing homes and care facilities in the states of Georgia and Tennessee and shares the love of Jesus with everyone who will listen (and even some who won't).
My family was invited to share with him in his ministry. Karen, Kaylin, and Audrey were able to play special music during his service. I didn't video the girls, but I did take this short video of Bill preaching a message with his guitar. It is apparent that the Lord has gifted him for this particular ministry. He was treated like a celebrity by both the staff and the residents. They all look forward to his monthly visits! He quoted scripture, prayed, preached, and sang. The gospel was clearly shared and the guitar never stopped. What a joy.
As we visited in the evening, I couldn't help but pray that the Lord would send him someone he could mentor in this important ministry. He only has a short time with the people he meets, but it is the most important time of their lives. Only the Lord knows the number of their days. I thank the Lord that Uncle Bill and the Lord Jesus Christ get to be a part of a few of them.

I know a video can't capture the moment, but I trust you'll enjoy what you see...






This is the 4th day that I have been working on getting this video to upload. Some of this content may be old by the time it is posted. Additionally, I had to lower the resolution in the video in order to get it to upload. I apologize for the fuzzy picture, I will continue to try and upload this video in better quality

No comments:

Post a Comment