Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Store Bought Meat

Genesis 9:3 "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."

As we taught through creation, one of the things that stood out to me was the fact that (pre-sin) God made all creatures herbivores. Even man was to be vegetarian. God had given man the green herb for meat.
However, as we get to Genesis chapter 9 and post flood instruction, God gives a new command. Now man is free to eat animals for food. Imagine being on the ark and having to feed all the animals month after month but not being allowed to eat any of them.

I can understand not being tempted by the chickens... they're fowl.

Today I spent several hours making Italian sausage out of the deer I harvested last week. I threw some in the frying pan and ate it for lunch.

All of these things remind me of a newspaper article I shared a couple of years ago...

2 comments:

  1. well, fowl mouthed at least

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I was being clever. Now that's funny!
    Was that you Dan?

    ReplyDelete