Friday, November 19, 2010

What are you Thankful for?

We are coming up on Thanksgiving week. I must confess, from a personal standpoint, I am so thankful to have next week off. I look forward to spending valuable time with family!

This Sunday is our Thanksgiving potluck at church. It is always a special time eating together and sharing testimonies about what God has done in our lives and in our church family throughout the year. I trust that you are already thinking about these things so that you can come prepared to glorify our faithful Lord.

Last year, about this time, I was praying for the salvation of a man that I had become friends with through work. We had also spent a week together last October looking for meat to fill the freezer. As I think about it now, I know that there have been many times that my testimony has been poor. I know that he has seen me sin. In fact, there have been a few times that I have needed to go to him to ask forgiveness. In spite of that, this Thanksgiving, I can praise the Lord for his salvation! The last six months have been a wonderful time of watching the Holy Spirit work in his life.
Last night, while I was at the station, he called me so that we could share prayer requests. I would say "what a difference a year makes" but that wouldn't be the whole story. Rather,

"What a difference our God makes!"

I look forward to hearing from the rest of you this Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment