Thursday, September 16, 2010

GOOD work NIGHT

Last week we started a new monthly ministry opportunity for those that have the gift of service. I wish I could come up with a clever name for this monthly work night. For those of you that aren't aware, the trustees of the church meet the first Tuesday evening of each month. Their meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. so this gives the rest of the congregation the chance to come in at 7:00 p.m. and help out around the church while the trustees are there to give help and advice.
We had a good turnout last week with approx. 20 people there to help. Many different small projects were tackled during this time. I wish that I could recognize everyone that we there to help out but there were so many things going on that I'm not sure what everyone did. I did however snap a few pictures with my phone to share with you. Unfortunately, many of the people who were working turned their back on me when the noticed what I was doing. I'll refrain from posting the pictures of people's backsides.
Karen and the girls scraping the parsonage picture window
Matt Brennan and the youth removing bushes from the front landscape while Pastor Dan power washed the front of the church building and the sign


Thank you to everyone who gave up their Tuesday evening to serve the Lord and his church!

No comments:

Post a Comment