Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pun Intended

Last Sunday was the end of our 3 week series on creation. When I started preparing the first message I never dreamed that it would take me 3 weeks to complete. However, once I started writing the sermons, I quickly realized how much ground there was to cover.

This caused me to divide up the things that I wanted to teach. The first week I preached the morning message and then combined the adult Sunday School classes into the auditorium for the second hour so that I could keep preaching. That was the most creative solution I could sea to sharing the material I had prepared.

However, even after spending two hours on the topic that first Sunday morning, it still took me two more Sunday sermons, and one Adult Bible Fellowship hour in order to finish the series. Additionally, we spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings on the doctrine of creation  at Vacation Bible School . By my count, that makes six days of creation.

This coming week Pastor Dan Herman will preaching. I know many in the church have been looking forward to hearing what he has prepared. I am excited for him to have the opportunity to preach as well. You see, after six days, my next should be a day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment